Pat Stares At is Pat's Twitch channel at https://www.twitch.tv/PatStaresAt. The channel content primarily consists of Pat reading stream donation messages, petting his cat and dog, and occasionally playing video games.
Pat began streaming on December 11, 2016, with Final Fantasy XV, which was uploaded to the Super Best Friends Play channel. Pat has continued streaming since and is often accompanied by his girlfriend Paige, their babies Elmo and Zangief, their roommate Skellmo, a portrait of Steve Buscemi, and occasionally other friends of theirs.
Archives of the stream are posted at Pat's Youtube account, Pat Stares At. The channel was previously named AngriestPat, but following several years of therapy, it was renamed on Feb 5, 2020 to PatStaresAt.
- Binding of Isaac
- Nier: Automata
- Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
- The Surge
- Final Fantasy XIV
- Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age
- Borderlands 2
- Resident Evil 5
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Sonic (1, 2, 3, Mania)
- For Honor
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Destiny 2
- Street Fighter V
- Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Final Fantasy Tactics
- PPillars of Eternity
- Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
- Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood
- XCOM 2
- Dark Souls Remastered
- Hollow Knight
- Monster Hunter: World
- Spider-Man (2018)
- Dragon Quest XI
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
- For Honor: Marching Fire
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Resident Evil 2 (Claire B)
- Warframe - Chimera and Fortuna
- Dark Souls 3
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Pat's Twitch emotes are listed here in the order they were added. Prior to the February 2020 rebrand from AngriestPat to Pat Stares At, Pat's emotes began with "apat" instead of "psa".
|Image||Code||Emotion represented by this emote|
|psaBig||A highly useful generic intensifier.|
|psaSkelmo||Skelmo, Pat and Paige's skeleton stream mascot, wearing the Fatal Fury hat.|
|psaSkelmoney||Skelmo with a moutful of money. Thanks, Money.|
|psaElmo||Elmo does the best he can.|
|psaOrange||Pat eats an orange.|
|psaPat||Pat is on-brand angry.|
|psaCrazy||「Crazy Talk」, Pat's Stand.|
|psaWink||Elmo he such a good boy|
|psaHoldon||"Hold On". A frequently used emote during stream outages.|
|psaJpeg||JPEG Dog, the dog from Ace Combat that is literally just a photograph of a dog.|
|psaGib||From a Railith comic where Elmo wants to eat his own hair, but Pat won't let him. Based on a true story.|
|psaGoblin||Pat's brain goblins|
|psaHat||Pat wearing a Get Smoked hat. Deleted on Apr 9, 2020. Twitch emote number #300499785.|
|psaBougie||Pat as a landlord|
|psa1guy||For when one guy in chat is wrong|
|psaCaco||Cacodemon from Doom|
|psaBlind||Pat you missed a chest|
|psaGief||Zangief, Pat's doggo.|
- Pat's animated stream intro was created by Volta Bass in 2017. The intro music is "Blooming Villain" from the Persona 5 OST.
- The stream intro music was later changed due to copyright.
- At several points in Pat's stream intro, he is inaccurately depicted with hair.
- The first two seconds of the stream intro are also used as an interlude loop. It features Skelmo, Peach, Peepee, Zangief, and Pat. It usually precedes the stream intro, and fills in when Pat takes breaks.
- Zangief was added to the stream intro and interlude loop on July 31, 2020. The new intro was previewed in Pat Stares at Katana Zero! (Part 1) FT. Zangief the Dog!, where Zangief made his stream debut. From August 4, 2020, Pat Stares At streams used the new stream intro and interlude featuring Zangief.
- The stream interlude is set to the tune Boot Loop by F1NG3RS. It was originally released on January 11, 2019.
- In January 2020, Pat also added a Crazy Talk eyecatch by Quiet__Viking.
Stream intro referencesEdit
The stream intro compiles numerous references to Pat Streams At lore:
- Skelmo: A skeleton Pat owns. It sometimes appears in the background of streams. In some streams, it wears an Elmo hat.
- Mustard: An IV bag of mustard reflects PeachSaliva (Paige)'s legendary love of that condiment.
- Peepee: A nickname for Pat's beloved cat, Elmo. The cat's namesake, Elmo from Sesame Street, appears in the audience when Pat and Paige duel.
- Crazy Talk: Pat's Stand, which causes reality to change in order to make him look like he was wrong.
- Huge: An inaccurate depiction of Pat as tall. The kanji 甚大, jindai, mean "very great", "enormous", or "serious".
- Sega's DoA 20 years business plan: ???
- Virtua Fighter XX: ???
- Closet cake: In 2016, Paige caught Pat shamefully eating chocolates while hiding in a closet, and later posted a photo of Pat eating cake in the closet. In the Nier LP, Pat also admitted eating muffins at night without telling Paige, but denied that muffins are cakes (see the "Muffin Denier" incident).
- Rubber fist: Visible in the closet alongside an Autoblow2 and 100,000 X-Acto blades, Pat kept a rubber fist sent to the Super Best Friends mailbox.
- No but it's perfect tho: Pat insists that the brightness on his TV is PERFECTLY CALIBRATED.
- Don't let it set in: The phrase Pat uses to remind himself not to let his existential dread and nihilism over the inevitable pointless of his existence overwhelm him. Also used by Woolie to mess with Pat.
- Croissant sandwich / Team Bread vs Well I'm Just Going to Eat the Meat: References to this incident in which Pat offers Paige a sandwich with "ham and cheese, and a croissant, and uh lettuce", and refuses to let her just eat the ham.
- Gotta go fast: A well-known reference to the theme song of Sonic X.
- Gotta cheat: Pat is notorious for using everything he can get to win, including cheating. Pat big cheat.
- True Eggman: Pat's head look like a egg when he gets a haircut, which is rare because he has a fear that the barber will spit in his hair.
- Birdman: ???
- Cakelord / Cakes? / Muffin denier: A reference to an argument between Pat and Liam during the Nier LP whether pancakes are muffins or cakes. Pat insists that muffins are not cakes, for which Liam calls him a Cakelord.
- Pro MK player: ???
- Liquid Melee: Pat's hatred of coconut water and Melee combined in one. Pat once became physically ill after consuming coconut water on stream. In a New Vegas stream on 27 Feb 2019, following the announcement that EVO had dropped Melee, Pat appeared to have no idea why everyone was typing "Liquid Melee" or what it even referred to.
- Hail the King: Elmo, Pat's cat, is often depicted wearing a crown. Elmo is also depicted next to a ゴ sound effect from Jojo, which is one of Pat's stream emotes.
- Honk Honk: A noise that Pat and Paige make at Elmo. Pat also honks to give videogame clues to Paige whether she is hot or cold.